The Lightning has sold. Yay!
I knew this day was coming, but wow I did not know what a relief it would be. I am both sad and happy about this. I still feel like I left something unfinished with the Lightning. I was never able to get the results I wanted or get the boat up to speed. Part of that was me and part of that was me never being able to get steady crew. But I came to realize towards the end of last season that Tab and I would be better served with a different boat. We won't procure that boat, whatever type it will be, for a few years but I look forward to cruising the lake with her and our family.
I am happy about selling the boat and it helps us tremendously financially. And also since I know it is going to a good group of people that are trying to grow the Lightning at their club. The boat is going to be part of the Plymouth Yacht Club's new club boat fleet. Hopefully they can get a fleet off of the ground, but at the very least it will help them with their adult sailing program.
What does this mean for my sailing this year? First off, obviously, it means no skippering a Lightning on Sunday mornings. But also means that I most likely will not be participating in much Sunday morning racing at all. I will still partake in the Saturday morning races in the MC and whenever else we race the MC at Keuka. In all likelihood there will not be any off lake sailing for me this year.
I have some leftover proceeds from the sale of the Lightning (after paying off some loans and whatnot) and I will save $100 in livery fees at the club. So I think I may finally pull the trigger and buy a GoPro or something similar. I think it could be useful as a family video camera but also useful to help me see what I do in the boat and just maybe help me improve some.
The boat is at the yacht club ready for me to set her up. I am only now starting to feel the itch to go sailing, but it still is not super strong. Hopefully that changes come Memorial Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment